JTG Podcast Episode #7 Detoxing from Toxic Mold w/ Bridgit Danner
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and certified Functional Diagnostic practitioner since 2015. She gave over 12,000 treatments in her years working as an acupuncturist & led a staff of 10 at her practice.
Her interest in natural health grew from an interest in protecting the environment. Even as a child, she was donating her allowance to Greenpeace and writing cosmetic companies to ask about their practices!
While busy running an integrative wellness center in Portland, Oregon, she developed an environmental illness due to toxic mold in her home. Already experienced in hormone management and nutrition, she became acutely aware of the powerful impact of the environment on her health.
She and her family lost their house and everything in it to toxic mold, and moved 1,000 miles to the Arizona desert to heal.
Bridgit now educates about toxins and detoxification through her blog, online programs, product shop and Facebook group. She also works with private clients on customized functional medicine protocols for healing.
In this episode, Bridgit talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- The turning point for Bridgit of finding toxic mold in her home
- Testing for mold in your home and what to do if your home is toxic
- What to do if your body doesn’t detox from mold toxicity
- Green smoothie recipe to detox the system
- Which supplements can support the detoxification process
- Pinpointing the body burdens and eliminating them
- Essential oils for liver support and skin detoxification
Oils we talked about in this episode:
*This is very short summary of the immense potential and power of these magnificent oils.
- Turmeric: is an amazing anti-inflammatory, boosts glutathione production and as an essential oil is 10x more bioavailable than in herbal form!
- Grapefruit moves lymph, anti-candida, antibacterial and anti mold. It uplifts the mood and disperses negative thoughts.
- Lemon detoxifies the body and uplifts the mood
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil. It also addresses metal and adrenal fatigue
- Zendocrine blend is great to apply under your feet or after the sauna. Supports kidney, skin health and gut
- Cilantro is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, clears the body of heavy metals and calms anxiety
- Oregano is quite powerful with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, and anti-viral properties
- Cinnamon to clear parasites
- Citrus Bliss to uplift the mood and clear brain fog
- Digestzen gut and liver detoxifier
- Yarrow Pom for hydration and is rejuvenating to the skin
- I use ClaryCalm every month when I have my period, roll on the tummy for a soothing effect, kinda like Advil but better (without the side effect of feeling numb or being a burden for your liver)
JTG Podcast Episode #6 The Beauty of Eczema With Author Camille Knowles Camille Knowles is the founder, Author and CEO of The Beauty of Eczema. She is also a qualified Health Coach and Natural Chef on a mission to share her wisdom and guide others in living a...
JTG Podcast Episode #5 Jolene Hart Author of The Eat Pretty Book Series And Her Journey To Healing Eczema & Acne Jolene Hart is a health coach certified by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, a former magazine beauty editor, and founder of the...
JTG Podcast #4 From Rosacea To Clear Glowing Skin With Janelle Allard Janelle Allard is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, a Holistic Health Mentor, with a specialty in hormone health. She is also the co-author of the upcoming cookbook: Keeping It...
JTG Podcast #3 Clear Skin Diet With Maggie Berghoff Maggie Berghoff is a functional medicine celebrity health expert and certified nurse practitioner. She leads men and women to balance their bodies and feel their best today and forever. Maggie will order...
JTG Podcast EP #2 The Gut Skin Connection With Nimisha Gandhi Nimisha Gandhi is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Ayurvedic counselor and Yoga Nidra teacher dedicated to helping people find their truth through nutrition, lifestyle changes and mindful work.She holds a...
JTG Podcast EP #1: Clearing Cystic Acne With Melissa Vanden Heuvel Melissa Vanden Heuvel is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Health Coach on a mission to help autoimmune warriors overcome their health symptoms and achieve optimal...
Get The (FREE) Guide
Essential Radiance: Caroline’s Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
Sign up for the Glowletter