JTG #12 Clear Skin Diet with Functional Diagnostics Nutrition Practitioner Melissa Vanden Heuvel
In today’s episode, Functional Diagnostics Nutrition Practitioner Melissa Vanden Heuvel and I dive deep into the clear skin diet and how to detox the body for optimal heath and clear glowing skin.
Melissa Vanden Heuvel is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Health Coach on a mission to help autoimmune warriors overcome their health symptoms and achieve optimal health. After investing hundreds of hours (and a chunk of her savings) trying to heal her own thyroid and cystic acne issues with minimal results, she listened to her intuition and enlisted help from the functional medical field. Melissa now happily supports her clients’ unique healing code by creating bespoke healing protocols as well as guiding them to tune into their own inner healer so they can feel empowered to make the right choices on the path to optimum health.
In this episode, Melissa talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- What kind of smoothies are the most beneficial in the morning
- Should you be having smoothies in the morning?
- How to figure out what is the right diet based on bio-individuality
- Why a vegan and vegetarian diet is not for everyone
- Why you need to chew your smoothies
- Peanut butter: good or bad?
- How to use a food journal to figure out which foods you’re sensitive or reactive to
- The different kinds of food sensitivity tests
- The truth about antibiotics and how to support your body should you choose to take antibiotics
- Simple principles for a good cleanse: how to fast or cleanse properly
- Foods to avoid on a cleanse
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #5 with Jolene Hart, author of the bestselling book Eat Pretty.
Melissa’s before & after