JTG #8 Healing Cystic Acne w/ The Medical Medium Janelle Cepero
Getting to the root cause of acne can be daunting. But my guest today, Janelle Cepero, proves that it’s possible to heal cystic acne naturally by following the simple steps outlined by the Medical Medium, Anthony William.
I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with Janelle several times and here’s what stands out about her:
Janelle is committed to her journey to glow but she walks the path with a lightness of being, a smile on her face and a wide open heart.
She brings self-love to the “healing equation” as well as an open, curious mind.
On the podcast, Janelle talks about a pivotal moment while on a trip to India where she realized that her skin looked OLD (even though she was in her late twenties) and that she just couldn’t bring herself to put toxic creams on her face anymore to suppress her cystic acne.
This pivotal moment changed the course of her healing journey, led her to discover the Medical Medium book #LiverRescue and to start implementing diet changes: #celeryjuice every morning on an empty stomach, followed by a cleansing tea and a Heavy Metal Detox smoothie.
What you see on the photos below is testament to what can happen when you commit to your healing journey.
In this episode, Janelle shares her incredibly inspiring story, what she eats in a day for a clear glowing complexion as well as self-care practices that nourish her Soul on her Journey To Glow.
She also answers the question everyone is asking: “How long did it take you to see changes in your skin?” and much much more.
In this episode, Janelle talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- Why she got off Benzoyl Peroxide while in India and what happened
- How long it took Janelle to clear her cystic acne with the Medical Medium protocol
- Why drink celery juice in the morning
- Why we need to detox the liver
- How to best use The Liver Rescue book
- What are the “no” foods if you want to clear cystic acne
- The “YES” foods you should have in large quantity to help your skin heal
- Reading the labels to spot skin betrayers
- A day in the life of Janelle: what she eats and her self-care ritual practices for glowing skin
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love How to Heal Psoriasis & Eczema Naturally with my guest Hanna Sillitoe.
Janelle’s before and after
“It’s possible to heal your skin conditions by starving viruses and bacteria and removing the toxic heavy metals and other toxins that cause these conditions. You can do that through the food and supplements I share in detail in Liver Rescue. The 3:6:9 Liver Rescue Cleanse would be especially helpful. Note that different pathogens have an appetite for different foods, but taking the following steps, along with what you learn in Liver Rescue, will get you started with true healing.
* Eliminate eggs and dairy, including milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and kefir.
* Lower the fat in your diet, because that gives the liver a break so its own immune system can literally rebuild. This means limiting how much animal protein you eat while healing because all animal protein is also high in fat. To understand how fat and protein g hand in hand, read the chapter on this in Liver Rescue. The same goes for plant foods: lower the fat in your diet by reducing or eliminating oils, nuts, soy, seeds, and avocado.
* Significantly increase the amount of fruits, leafy greens and vegetables you eat. For recipe ideas and undiscovered healing information on the foods best for skin conditions, refer to Liver Rescue.
* Drink pure celery juice every morning on an empty stomach.
* Consider the supplements for each of these skin conditions that I list in Liver Rescue. I include dosages you can work with also in the book. Helpful supplements to start with right away include:
- B12 with adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin
- Zinc sulfate
- Vitamin C as Ester C or Liposomal C
- Nettle leaf
- Lemon balm
More specific supplements for each of the conditions covered are listed in the Liver Rescue book.”
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Janelle Cepero’s website
- Follow Janelle on Instagram @thefreespiritfoodie
- Medical Medium first book
- Medical Medium The Liver Rescue book
- The Paleo Way on Netflix
- Medical Medium The truth about grains
- Medical Medium The truth about lectins
- Medical Medium on Acne, psoriasis and eczema (blog post and mp3)
- Dr Gundry on lectins drgundry.com/lectin-guide
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s The Clean Plate
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on organic, non-toxic skincare products but not seeing much improvements in my skin, I started researching essential oils.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a green beauty junkie, and I love the handmade, small-batch skincare products I've purchased. But I never found ONE serum that would tackle all of my skin's unique needs. So I ended up with a bathroom counter full of lovely products but no real solution.
Through my extensive research on essential oils for sensitive skin, I discovered 5 key oils that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of crafting and testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, I noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Specifically, the rosacea breakouts on my cheeks were gone and my skin felt hydrated.
Download my (free) Essential Radiance Guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...read more
JTG #25 Dig To The Root Cause of Your Skin Imbalance With Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic...read more
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...read more
JTG #23 A Functional & Naturopathic Approach To Healing Skin With Dr. Lynne Racette Dr. Lynne is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor currently practicing in Ontario. She has a clinical focus and strong background in women’s health, endocrinology, pelvic floor, and...read more
JTG #22 When The Quest To Soothe Inflamed Rosacea Turns Into A Sensitive Skin Care Brand Elaine Li is a brand marketing veteran that has worked on Global multi-million dollar brands in the Health & Wellness space. After 16 years in the Consumer Packaged Goods...read more
Red Clover Tea For Clear Glowing Skin Lately, I’ve been consciously choosing to swap a warm, skin-beautifying cup of herbal tea for my usual collagen infused nut milk and (mold-free) coffee. I’ve been experimenting with a few blends that I’m hoping will help clear a...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter