JTG #8 Healing Cystic Acne w/ The Medical Medium Janelle Cepero
Getting to the root cause of acne can be daunting. But my guest today, Janelle Cepero, proves that it’s possible to heal cystic acne naturally by following the simple steps outlined by the Medical Medium, Anthony William.
I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with Janelle several times and here’s what stands out about her:
Janelle is committed to her journey to glow but she walks the path with a lightness of being, a smile on her face and a wide open heart.
She brings self-love to the “healing equation” as well as an open, curious mind.
On the podcast, Janelle talks about a pivotal moment while on a trip to India where she realized that her skin looked OLD (even though she was in her late twenties) and that she just couldn’t bring herself to put toxic creams on her face anymore to suppress her cystic acne.
This pivotal moment changed the course of her healing journey, led her to discover the Medical Medium book #LiverRescue and to start implementing diet changes: #celeryjuice every morning on an empty stomach, followed by a cleansing tea and a Heavy Metal Detox smoothie.
What you see on the photos below is testament to what can happen when you commit to your healing journey.
In this episode, Janelle shares her incredibly inspiring story, what she eats in a day for a clear glowing complexion as well as self-care practices that nourish her Soul on her Journey To Glow.
She also answers the question everyone is asking: “How long did it take you to see changes in your skin?” and much much more.
In this episode, Janelle talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- Why she got off Benzoyl Peroxide while in India and what happened
- How long it took Janelle to clear her cystic acne with the Medical Medium protocol
- Why drink celery juice in the morning
- Why we need to detox the liver
- How to best use The Liver Rescue book
- What are the “no” foods if you want to clear cystic acne
- The “YES” foods you should have in large quantity to help your skin heal
- Reading the labels to spot skin betrayers
- A day in the life of Janelle: what she eats and her self-care ritual practices for glowing skin
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love How to Heal Psoriasis & Eczema Naturally with my guest Hanna Sillitoe.
Janelle’s before and after
“It’s possible to heal your skin conditions by starving viruses and bacteria and removing the toxic heavy metals and other toxins that cause these conditions. You can do that through the food and supplements I share in detail in Liver Rescue. The 3:6:9 Liver Rescue Cleanse would be especially helpful. Note that different pathogens have an appetite for different foods, but taking the following steps, along with what you learn in Liver Rescue, will get you started with true healing.
* Eliminate eggs and dairy, including milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and kefir.
* Lower the fat in your diet, because that gives the liver a break so its own immune system can literally rebuild. This means limiting how much animal protein you eat while healing because all animal protein is also high in fat. To understand how fat and protein g hand in hand, read the chapter on this in Liver Rescue. The same goes for plant foods: lower the fat in your diet by reducing or eliminating oils, nuts, soy, seeds, and avocado.
* Significantly increase the amount of fruits, leafy greens and vegetables you eat. For recipe ideas and undiscovered healing information on the foods best for skin conditions, refer to Liver Rescue.
* Drink pure celery juice every morning on an empty stomach.
* Consider the supplements for each of these skin conditions that I list in Liver Rescue. I include dosages you can work with also in the book. Helpful supplements to start with right away include:
- B12 with adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin
- Zinc sulfate
- Vitamin C as Ester C or Liposomal C
- Nettle leaf
- Lemon balm
More specific supplements for each of the conditions covered are listed in the Liver Rescue book.”
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
If you enjoyed this blog post you’ll love My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge & The Impact on My Skin
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Janelle Cepero’s website
- Follow Janelle on Instagram @thefreespiritfoodie
- Medical Medium first book
- Medical Medium The Liver Rescue book
- The Paleo Way on Netflix
- Medical Medium The truth about grains
- Medical Medium The truth about lectins
- Medical Medium on Acne, psoriasis and eczema (blog post and mp3)
- Dr Gundry on lectins drgundry.com/lectin-guide
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s The Clean Plate