JTG #8 Healing Cystic Acne w/ The Medical Medium Janelle Cepero
Getting to the root cause of acne can be daunting. But my guest today, Janelle Cepero, proves that it’s possible to heal cystic acne naturally by following the simple steps outlined by the Medical Medium, Anthony William.
I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with Janelle several times and here’s what stands out about her:
Janelle is committed to her journey to glow but she walks the path with a lightness of being, a smile on her face and a wide open heart.
She brings self-love to the “healing equation” as well as an open, curious mind.
On the podcast, Janelle talks about a pivotal moment while on a trip to India where she realized that her skin looked OLD (even though she was in her late twenties) and that she just couldn’t bring herself to put toxic creams on her face anymore to suppress her cystic acne.
This pivotal moment changed the course of her healing journey, led her to discover the Medical Medium book #LiverRescue and to start implementing diet changes: #celeryjuice every morning on an empty stomach, followed by a cleansing tea and a Heavy Metal Detox smoothie.
What you see on the photos below is testament to what can happen when you commit to your healing journey.
In this episode, Janelle shares her incredibly inspiring story, what she eats in a day for a clear glowing complexion as well as self-care practices that nourish her Soul on her Journey To Glow.
She also answers the question everyone is asking: “How long did it take you to see changes in your skin?” and much much more.
In this episode, Janelle talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- Why she got off Benzoyl Peroxide while in India and what happened
- How long it took Janelle to clear her cystic acne with the Medical Medium protocol
- Why drink celery juice in the morning
- Why we need to detox the liver
- How to best use The Liver Rescue book
- What are the “no” foods if you want to clear cystic acne
- The “YES” foods you should have in large quantity to help your skin heal
- Reading the labels to spot skin betrayers
- A day in the life of Janelle: what she eats and her self-care ritual practices for glowing skin
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love How to Heal Psoriasis & Eczema Naturally with my guest Hanna Sillitoe.
Janelle’s before and after
“It’s possible to heal your skin conditions by starving viruses and bacteria and removing the toxic heavy metals and other toxins that cause these conditions. You can do that through the food and supplements I share in detail in Liver Rescue. The 3:6:9 Liver Rescue Cleanse would be especially helpful. Note that different pathogens have an appetite for different foods, but taking the following steps, along with what you learn in Liver Rescue, will get you started with true healing.
* Eliminate eggs and dairy, including milk, cheese, butter, yogurt and kefir.
* Lower the fat in your diet, because that gives the liver a break so its own immune system can literally rebuild. This means limiting how much animal protein you eat while healing because all animal protein is also high in fat. To understand how fat and protein g hand in hand, read the chapter on this in Liver Rescue. The same goes for plant foods: lower the fat in your diet by reducing or eliminating oils, nuts, soy, seeds, and avocado.
* Significantly increase the amount of fruits, leafy greens and vegetables you eat. For recipe ideas and undiscovered healing information on the foods best for skin conditions, refer to Liver Rescue.
* Drink pure celery juice every morning on an empty stomach.
* Consider the supplements for each of these skin conditions that I list in Liver Rescue. I include dosages you can work with also in the book. Helpful supplements to start with right away include:
- B12 with adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin
- Zinc sulfate
- Vitamin C as Ester C or Liposomal C
- Nettle leaf
- Lemon balm
More specific supplements for each of the conditions covered are listed in the Liver Rescue book.”
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
If you enjoyed this blog post you’ll love My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge & The Impact on My Skin
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Janelle Cepero’s website
- Follow Janelle on Instagram @thefreespiritfoodie
- Medical Medium first book
- Medical Medium The Liver Rescue book
- The Paleo Way on Netflix
- Medical Medium The truth about grains
- Medical Medium The truth about lectins
- Medical Medium on Acne, psoriasis and eczema (blog post and mp3)
- Dr Gundry on lectins drgundry.com/lectin-guide
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s The Clean Plate
Get The (FREE) Essential Radiance Guide
Caroline's top 5 essential oils for glowing skin
Download the (free) Essential Radiance Guide where I share my top 5 essential oils for redness, inflammation, breakouts and dehydration. These pure essential oils are now part of my everyday skincare!
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #29 Herbs & Plant Medecine To Support Skin Health With Herbalist Rosalee De La Foret In this podcast episode I have the pleasure of asking my guest, Rosalee De La foret all-of-the-questions about herbs and plants to treat skin issues! Rosalee de la Forêt is...
JTG #28 My 30-Day Celery Juice Cleanse, Skin Reaction to Celery Juice & Can Celery Juice Heal Rosacea I've had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-day celery juice cleanse that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer...
My 30-day celery juice challenge & the (unexpected) impact it had on my skin IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING. I've had so many questions about my celery juice challenge on Instagram and the unexpected effect it had on my skin, that I knew I had to write a...
What is dry brushing and what are the benefits?If you've ever wanted to know the full scoop about dry brushing — what is dry brushing and what are the benefits? — you''ve landed on the right blog post. But first, let me give you a little context... I resisted...
JTG #27 The DUTCH Test For Hormonal Balance & Clear Skin With Kristen Burkett Ever since hearing about DUTCH Test, I've been fascinated to learn more about how it can give us clues not only to heal our skin but on a deeper level, about our general well-being and...
An interview with Journey To Glow Founder Caroline Frenette I had the pleasure of being interviewed by one of my previous podcast guest and Functional Health Coach, Brigit Danner on why I created Journey To Glow! In this video, Bridgit and I talk about: Caroline's...
Gua Sha For Glowing Skin Move over, jade rollers; gua sha is stealing the spotlight. Gua sha, a method of facial massage with crystal tools, has recently sprung up all over Instagram — but it’s actually been around for thousands of years. With origins in the...
JTG #26 Renegade Beauty With Nadine Artemis Nadine Artemis is the author of two books including Renegade Beauty: Reveal and Revive Your Natural Radiance and Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums. Nadine is a gifted aromacologist who works...
Supplements For Energy & Vitality doTERRA's LLV Lifelong Vitality PackDoterra LLV Lifelong Vitality Pack Supplements had been on my radar for a while. But before I invest in a supplement I do research on the company, the ingredients, the quality. I ask my...
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...
JTG #25 Functional Nutrition To Clear Acne With Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic nutrition approach to healing your skin as well as the...
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...