This is a follow up to a blog post I published on the topic of celery juice and how a 30-day celery juice challenge turned into a bit of a skin crisis. If you’d like to read the post and see the before and after pictures of my skin, as well as what my skin looked like in full-blown crisis mode, click here.
JTG #28 My 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
I’ve had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer all of your questions in this podcast episode.
In this episode, I talk about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge, specifically:
- Why I wanted to do a 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
- My goals for this celery juice challenge
- What my skin looked like before the 30-day celery juice cleanse and after
- My goals and expectations
- What exactly is a cleanse
- Which foods I remove during a cleanse
- Why I wanted to include celery juice in this cleanse
- The benefits of celery juice
- Can celery juice really heal your skin
- Setting the right expectations
- What happened during the 30-day celery juice cleanse
- What I did when my skin went into crisis mode
- Why I wouldn’t do a 30-day celery juice cleanse again
- Can celery juice heal rosacea?
- Does the 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge work to clear skin conditions?
My skin before the celery juice challenge, during & 6 months later
January 1st 2019 (pre-celery juice cleanse)
January 15th 2019 (my skin crisis 5 days into the celery juice cleanse)
June 2019 (rosacea 6 months after the cleanse)
Read the blog post:
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
I wrote a comprehense blog post documenting my entire celery juice challenge.
In this blog post I share:
- Why I wanted to do a celery juice experiment
- What I ate during my 30-day cleanse
- What I did when my skin started to freak out
- How I felt before and after the experiment
- The benefits of celery juice
- My favourite juicers
- Practical tips if you’re considering doing a similar cleanse
- Why I stopped drinking celery juice
- What I would do differently next time
I also post more photos of my skin before and after the celery juice experiment.
Links & Resources
1. Episode #8 with Janelle Cepero on Healing Acne With The Medical Medium Protocol journeytoglow.com/8
2. Read the full blog post about my 30-day celery juice challenge journeytoglow.com/30-day-celery-juice-challenge-clear-skin
3. My interview with Muneeza Ahmed on healing acne and rosacea with the Medical Medium protocol journeytoglow.com/20
4. Download the free guide My Skin Is In Crisis, Now What?
5. Download the free guide Essential Radiance: My Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
6. Read about why I decided to stop driking alcohol journeytoglow.com/why-i-stopped-drinking-alcohol
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #69 Farm To Skin Skincare With Aviva Skye Tilson Founder Apis ApothecaJTG #69 Farm To Skin Skincare With Aviva Skye Tilson Founder Apis ApothecaIn this episode, I talk to Aviva Skye Tilson, the creator of a farm-to-bottle skincare line called Apis Apotheca. About...
JTG #68 Histamine & Acne Rosacea With Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner Tamy AndersonJTG #68 Histamine & Acne Rosacea With Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner Tamy AndersonIn this episode, Tamy Anderson -- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition...
JTG #67 How To Treat Rosacea with Naturopathy with Dr. Julie GreenbergHow to treat rosacea and hairloss with naturopathy Dr. Julie Greenberg. In this episode, my guest Dr. Julie Greenberg, Naturopathic doctor and Registered Herbalist dives into functional testing to...
JTG #66 From Eczema To Glowing Skin With Teju Owoye Founder Clean RebellionJTG #66 From Eczema To Glowing Skin With Teju Owoye Founder Clean RebellionI had a BLAST talking with Teju Owoye, founder of Clean Rebellion about clean + sustainable beauty, voting with our...
JTG #65 Healing Rosacea With Somatic Experiencing & Unconventional Healing Modalities With Alicia PutinskiJTG #65 Healing Rosacea With Somatic Experiencing & Unconventional Healing Modalities With Alicia PutinskiMy guest today on the Journey To Glow podcast is...
JTG #64 Detoxing The Body, Energy Medicine & EMF Sensitivities With Health Intuitive Masami CoveyJTG #64 Detoxing The Body, Energy Medicine & EMF Sensitivities With Health Intuitive Masami Covey Once in a blue moon, you meet someone — a TRUE health expert who...
JTG#63 Herbal Medicine For Skin Health With Alicia Hamilton Founder of Wild Bloom BotanicalsHerbal Medicine For Skin Health With Alicia Hamilton Founder of Wild Bloom BotanicalsIn this podcast interview, my guest Alicia Hamilton founder of Wild Bloom Botanicals, and I...
My 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge & The Unexpected Impact It Had On My Skin UPDATED January 21st 2021 I've had so many questions about my 30-day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge on Instagram and the resulting skin crisis, that I knew I had to...
Natural Solutions & Remedies RosaceaNatural & Holistic Solutions RosaceaI've been wanting to write a comprehensive blog post on natural solutions and remedies to support the healing of rosacea for the longest time! After interviewing numerous holistic skin...
JTG #62 Healing Acne & Perioral Dermatitis By Healing The Gut With Zoe VezinaJTG #62 Healing Acne & Perioral Dermatitis By Healing The Gut With Zoe VezinaToday on the Journey To Glow podcast we talk to Zoe Vezina of wellbeinginbloom about healing perioral...
JTG #61 How Acne Prompted This Founder To Start Her Own Skincare BrandJTG #61 How Acne Prompted This Founder To Start Her Own Skincare BrandIn this podcast episode we talk to the founder of Apoterra Skincare Dominique Caron about growing an organic skincare brand...
JTG #60 Sandra Charbonneau founder Sanre Organic Skinfood JTG #60 Sandra Charbonneau founder Sanre Organic Skinfood My guest today is Sandra Charbonneau founder of Sanre Organic Skinfood. In this episode we veer a little bit off the skin conversation and dive into...
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.