This is a follow up to a blog post I published on the topic of celery juice and how a 30-day celery juice challenge turned into a bit of a skin crisis. If you’d like to read the post and see the before and after pictures of my skin, as well as what my skin looked like in full-blown crisis mode, click here.
JTG #28 My 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
I’ve had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer all of your questions in this podcast episode.
In this episode, I talk about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge, specifically:
- Why I wanted to do a 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
- My goals for this celery juice challenge
- What my skin looked like before the 30-day celery juice cleanse and after
- My goals and expectations
- What exactly is a cleanse
- Which foods I remove during a cleanse
- Why I wanted to include celery juice in this cleanse
- The benefits of celery juice
- Can celery juice really heal your skin
- Setting the right expectations
- What happened during the 30-day celery juice cleanse
- What I did when my skin went into crisis mode
- Why I wouldn’t do a 30-day celery juice cleanse again
- Can celery juice heal rosacea?
- Does the 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge work to clear skin conditions?
My skin before the celery juice challenge, during & 6 months later
January 1st 2019 (pre-celery juice cleanse)
January 15th 2019 (my skin crisis 5 days into the celery juice cleanse)
June 2019 (rosacea 6 months after the cleanse)
Read the blog post:
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
I wrote a comprehense blog post documenting my entire celery juice challenge.
In this blog post I share:
- Why I wanted to do a celery juice experiment
- What I ate during my 30-day cleanse
- What I did when my skin started to freak out
- How I felt before and after the experiment
- The benefits of celery juice
- My favourite juicers
- Practical tips if you’re considering doing a similar cleanse
- Why I stopped drinking celery juice
- What I would do differently next time
I also post more photos of my skin before and after the celery juice experiment.
Links & Resources
1. Episode #8 with Janelle Cepero on Healing Acne With The Medical Medium Protocol journeytoglow.com/8
2. Read the full blog post about my 30-day celery juice challenge journeytoglow.com/30-day-celery-juice-challenge-clear-skin
3. My interview with Muneeza Ahmed on healing acne and rosacea with the Medical Medium protocol journeytoglow.com/20
4. Download the free guide My Skin Is In Crisis, Now What?
5. Download the free guide Essential Radiance: My Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
6. Read about why I decided to stop driking alcohol journeytoglow.com/why-i-stopped-drinking-alcohol
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #48 Rosacea No More: A Miraculous Skin Transformation With Author & Spiritual Teacher Georgie Holbrook
JTG #48 Rosacea No More: A Miraculous Skin Transformation With Author & Spiritual Teacher Georgie HolbrookJTG #48 Rosacea No More: A Miraculous Skin Transformation With Author & Spiritual Teacher Georgie HolbrookIn this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast,...
Everything You Need To Know About Toxic Ingredients In Sunscreen & The Best Clean Suncare On The Market Right NowWhat's the deal with toxic ingredients in sunscreen? The last time you packed for a trip to a warm and beachy destination, did you take a good look at...
Herbal Medicine & Supplements To Support The Immune Systemherbal medicine & supplements to support the immune system during (and after) COVID-19Article at a Glance • Much of the science on COVID-19 is very new, and, unfortunately, there aren’t many studies...
JTG#47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle Ryan
JTG #47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle RyanJTG #47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle RyanIn this...
Essential Oils To Boost & Protect Your Immune System The moment in history we’re collectively living has a valuable lesson for us: our sense of control over the outside world is an illusion. If that thought is difficult to sit with, remember that the power to...
JTG #46 How To Stay Grounded During Uncertain Times with Megan Pennington JTG #46 How to stay grounded & sane during uncertain times + MRT (food sensitivities) testing with Megan PenningtonToday we're talking Megan Pennington about staying grounded in uncertain...
*Brand Spotlight JTG #45 Flower Elixirs With Katie Hess Founder of LotusweiJTG #45 Flower Elixirs With Katie Hess Founder of LotusweiDid you know that there’s such a thing as a Flower Alchemist? And did you know that the innate healing intelligence contained in the...
JTG #44 Functional Nutrition For Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn Malecha JTG #44 A Functional Map To Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn MalechaThis is part 2 of my conversation with FDN Practitioner (Functional Diagnostics Nutrition) Jenn Malecha. To listen...
JTG #43 Managing Eczema In Babies & Children With The Eczema Expert Rebecca Bonneteau JTG #43 Managing Eczema in Babies & Children With Naturopath & Eczema Expert Rebecca BonneteauFact: 1 in 4 children has eczema, but the great news is Rebecca Bonneteau...
*Brand SpotlightJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah JensenJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah Jensen In this sponsored podcast interview I’m welcoming Sanara Skincare founder Rebekah Jensen to share with us her journey to glow. Rebekah Jensen is the founder of...
Organic Skincarebalms for sensitive & rosacea-prone skinThe most important thing for me when I shop for any organic skincare is that it be gentle on my rosacea-prone skin. There’s nothing worse than having a reaction to a product because our skin doesn’t agree...
JTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Jess ArnaudinJTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Holistic Skin Therapist & Green Beauty Expert Jess ArnaudinIn this episode we talk about the important of clean, plant-based beauty and how to simplify your skincare with author of...
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.