This is a follow up to a blog post I published on the topic of celery juice and how a 30-day celery juice challenge turned into a bit of a skin crisis. If you’d like to read the post and see the before and after pictures of my skin, as well as what my skin looked like in full-blown crisis mode, click here.
JTG #28 My 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
I’ve had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer all of your questions in this podcast episode.
In this episode, I talk about my 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge, specifically:
- Why I wanted to do a 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge
- My goals for this celery juice challenge
- What my skin looked like before the 30-day celery juice cleanse and after
- My goals and expectations
- What exactly is a cleanse
- Which foods I remove during a cleanse
- Why I wanted to include celery juice in this cleanse
- The benefits of celery juice
- Can celery juice really heal your skin
- Setting the right expectations
- What happened during the 30-day celery juice cleanse
- What I did when my skin went into crisis mode
- Why I wouldn’t do a 30-day celery juice cleanse again
- Can celery juice heal rosacea?
- Does the 30-Day Medical Medium Celery Juice Challenge work to clear skin conditions?
My skin before the celery juice challenge, during & 6 months later
January 1st 2019 (pre-celery juice cleanse)
January 15th 2019 (my skin crisis 5 days into the celery juice cleanse)
June 2019 (rosacea 6 months after the cleanse)
Read the blog post:
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
I wrote a comprehense blog post documenting my entire celery juice challenge.
In this blog post I share:
- Why I wanted to do a celery juice experiment
- What I ate during my 30-day cleanse
- What I did when my skin started to freak out
- How I felt before and after the experiment
- The benefits of celery juice
- My favourite juicers
- Practical tips if you’re considering doing a similar cleanse
- Why I stopped drinking celery juice
- What I would do differently next time
I also post more photos of my skin before and after the celery juice experiment.
Links & Resources
1. Episode #8 with Janelle Cepero on Healing Acne With The Medical Medium Protocol journeytoglow.com/8
2. Read the full blog post about my 30-day celery juice challenge journeytoglow.com/30-day-celery-juice-challenge-clear-skin
3. My interview with Muneeza Ahmed on healing acne and rosacea with the Medical Medium protocol journeytoglow.com/20
4. Download the free guide My Skin Is In Crisis, Now What?
5. Download the free guide Essential Radiance: My Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
6. Read about why I decided to stop driking alcohol journeytoglow.com/why-i-stopped-drinking-alcohol
Podcast & Glow Blog
Interview with Yewande Masi Founder Ornami Skincare1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how you started Ornami Skincare? My journey to becoming CEO of Ornami Skincare started as a happy “accident”. Shortly after I started making skincare products for my...
Demodex mites rosacea natural treatment Demodex mites rosacea natural treatment If you’ve just learned about the link between Demodex mites and rosacea, and suspect that you might have an overabundance of them, fear not: there is a way to treat Demodex mites naturally...
[Bonus Episode] Getting To The Emotional Root Cause With Nadeije Athlan[Bonus Episode] Getting To The Emotional Root Cause With Nadeije AthlanToday I'm talking to Nadeije Athlan; Naturopath, Medicine Womxn & creator of Wholistic Biology about getting to the...
JTG #75 Mud Packing, Detox From Unwanted Toxic Chemicals & Botanical Skincare With Kate Poole JTG #75 Mud Packing, Detox From Unwanted Toxic Chemicals & Botanical Skincare With Kate Poole Kate Poole is the founder of Essential Apothecary Alchemist, a...
JTG #74 The Link Between Histamines, Rosacea & Acne With Holistic Nutrition Practitioner Luka SimonsJTG #74 The Link Between Histamines, Rosacea & Acne With Holistic Nutrition Practitioner Luka SimonsIn this episode of the Journey to glow podcast we talk to...
JTG #73 Rachel Lambo Co-Founder Sade BaronJTG #73 Rachel Lambo Co-Founder Sade BaronAbout Sade Baron and our guest, Rachel Lambo: Sade Baron is created by a mother, Sade, and daughter, Rachel with one simple goal in mind: To create high-quality vegan body products...
Rosacea Skincare Advice From A Skin ExpertWritten by René Serbon, Corneotherapist Rosacea is a multi-faceted skin condition triggered by different aggravating factors for individuals who suffer or have suffered from it. To start with, I always advise my clients to...
The Emotional Root Cause of RosaceaHave you ever considered that what is manifesting as rosacea on your face could be the result of past emotional traumas? I’m currently exploring this with an incredible Guide; a medicine woman who happens to be an expert in...
JTG #72 The Link Between Trauma & Rosacea An Exploration Of Somatic Healing With Kaity RoseJTG #72 The Link Between Trauma & Rosacea An Exploration Of Somatic Healing With Kaity RoseIn this episode, we're talking to Kaity Rose -- Somatic Yoga Therapist and...
JTG #71 The Queen of Thrones Dr. Marisol And The Benefits of Castor Oil Packs For Skin HealthJTG #71 The Queen of Thrones Dr. Marisol And The Benefits of Castor Oil Packs For Skin HealthMy guest today is the amazing Dr. Marisol Teijeiro aka The Queen of Throne who...
Everything You Need To Know About Toxic Ingredients In Sunscreen & The Best Clean Suncare On The Market Right NowEdited May 2021 by Caroline FrenetteWhat's the deal with toxic ingredients in sunscreen? The last time you packed for a trip to a warm and beachy...
The Link Between SIBO & Rosacea written by Sara Kahn, MS, CNS, CDNThe Link Between SIBO and RosaceaGuest post by Sara Kahn, MS, CNS, CDNClinical Nutritionist & Founder of Belly Bliss Nutrition 1. What are the underlying causes of SIBO? SIBO is essentially a...
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.