In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic nutrition approach to healing your skin as well as the best way to get to the root cause of your skin imbalance.
Sara Korzeniewski, aka the Organic Dietitian, is a registered dietitian, certified LEAP therapist, and functional diagnostic nutrition practitioner. She suffered with hormone and digestive symptoms for years with little recommendations for relief. Being in the wellness field she knew there had to be more going on and was determined to find a solution. She started studying functional medical nutrition therapy and through functional lab work, nutrition, and lifestyle was finally able to find a long term answers to her symptoms. Now she helps busy women dig to the root cause of their health issues. Using proper testing, science based education, and lots of support, she empowers women to take back their health and gain back energy and vitality!
In this episode, Sara Korzeniewski and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
- What happens to your body when you take the pill
- The root cause of your skin imbalance
- Why your skin can burst into full-blown cystic acne when getting off the pill
- The hormone-skin connection
- How the GIMAP (stool test) can really get to the root cause of gut issues and therefore skin issues
- Why testing for pathogens, viruses, and worms in your gut could be crucial to healing your skin
- What is the LEAP food sensitivities test and why you’d want to use it
- How much functional testing costs
- What is HPA axis dysregulation
- The impact of cortisol on our body
- Signs of adrenal fatigue and what you can do about it
- The impact of low hydrochloric acid in the stomach and its link to rosacea
- What is mineral testing
- GIMAP test or SIBO test, which one should you choose and why
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #3 on The Clear Skin Diet with Functional Diagnostics Practitioner Maggie Berghoff.