JTG #13 A fresh Look At Stress & Anxiety With Dr. Amy Johnson
There’s no doubt that stress has become an epidemic in our busy lives. While there are millions of books written on the subject, when I first came across the inside-out understanding of the Three Principles I knew that I had found something fresh, a paradigm shift really.
In 25+ years of self-help and personal development, nothing has moved the needle as much in terms of (almost completely) eradicating overwhelm, anxiety and stress in my daily life than this understanding.
So it’s my absolute pleasure to dive into A Fresh New Way To Look At stress with my guest Dr. Amy Johnson who is a fellow coach and colleague in the Three Principles community.
Amy Johnson, Ph.D. is a psychologist, coach, author, and speaker who shares a groundbreaking new approach that helps people find true, lasting freedom from unwanted habits via insight rather than willpower. She is the author of Being Human (2013), and The Little Book of Big Change: The No-Willpower Approach to Breaking Any Habit (2016). In 2017 she opened The Little School of Big Change, an online school that has helped hundreds of people find freedom from anxiety and habits and live a more peaceful life.Dr. Johnson has been a regularly featured expert on The Steve Harvey Show and Oprah.com, as well as in The Wall Street Journal and Self magazine.
In this episode, Dr. Johnson and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
1. The BIG questions…How to stop stressing out !
2. Where stress really comes from (hint: it doesn’t come from your work, coworkers or workplace, your boyfriend/girlfriend, your kids, speaking in public, you skin breaking out…)
3. A new way of looking at stress that will de-activate it pretty much instantly
4. How looking to your feelings for what makes sense is the wrong way to go about making decisions
5. Why you don’t need to change or work on your mindset to feel better
6. How to change habits effortlessly without discipline or willpower
7. How to free yourself from addictions and bad habits once and for all
8. Why you don’t want to “fix” or change a belief, control your thinking, force yourself to think positively to have a great life or “attract/manifest” what you desire
9. How to create lasting change effortlessly (yes, it’s possible)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #12, Essential Oils For Rosacea with my guest Tiffany Carole.
Links & Resources
1. Dr. Amy Johnson’s website dramyjohnson.com
2. Connect with Amy on Instagram instagram.com/dr.amy.johnson
3. Amy on Facebook facebook.com/DrAmyJohnson
4. Amy’s YouTube channel youtube.com/user/DrAmyJohnson
5. If you’ve enjoyed this conversation on the inside-out understanding of the mind you will enjoy Caroline’s business podcast on iTunes, The Caroline Frenette Show
6. Caroline’s coaching website carolinefrenette.com
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on organic, non-toxic skincare products but not seeing much improvements in my skin, I started researching essential oils.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a green beauty junkie, and I love the handmade, small-batch skincare products I've purchased. But I never found ONE serum that would tackle all of my skin's unique needs. So I ended up with a bathroom counter full of lovely products but no real solution.
Through my extensive research on essential oils for sensitive skin, I discovered 5 key oils that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of crafting and testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, I noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Specifically, the rosacea breakouts on my cheeks were gone and my skin felt hydrated.
Download my (free) Essential Radiance Guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #21 Intuitive Medicine To Heal Your Skin With Muneeza Ahmed This is part 2 of my conversation with Muneeza Ahmed. Click here to listen to part 1. Muneeza is a medical intuitive who helps people with chronic and mystery illness. She uses the healing principles and...read more
JTG #20 Intuitive Medicine To Heal Your Skin With Muneeza Ahmed This is part 1 of my conversation with Muneeza. You can listen to part 2 here. Muneeza is a medical intuitive who helps people with chronic and mystery illness. She uses the healing principles and...read more
Strawberry Overnight Oats & Homemade Raspberry Ok so, first, let me start by saying that I never measure when I test recipes (which often means disaster, yes) but it's pretty hard to mess up this one up, so feel free to try it and to improvise by adding your own...read more
Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Pancakes & Coconut YogurtThese gluten free banana blueberry pancakes are so delicious and super easy to make! Ok so, first, let me start by saying that I NEVER measure when I cook (which drives my Sweetie nuts) so this is the...read more
JTG #19 Part 2 — What Does Green Beauty Really Mean With International Makeup Artist Kristen Arnett You'll find Part 1 of my conversation with Kristen here: episode #18. About our guest... A rare hybrid in the beauty industry, Kristen Arnett, has a unique expertise...read more
JTG #18 Part 1 — What Does Green Beauty Really Mean With International Makeup Artist Kristen Arnett Listen to part 2 of my conversation with Kristen. A rare hybrid in the beauty industry, Kristen Arnett, has a unique expertise in “green” and a career that’s spanned...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter