JTG #13 A fresh Look At Stress & Anxiety With Dr. Amy Johnson
There’s no doubt that stress has become an epidemic in our busy lives. While there are millions of books written on the subject, when I first came across the inside-out understanding of the Three Principles I knew that I had found something fresh, a paradigm shift really.
In 25+ years of self-help and personal development, nothing has moved the needle as much in terms of (almost completely) eradicating overwhelm, anxiety and stress in my daily life than this understanding.
So it’s my absolute pleasure to dive into A Fresh New Way To Look At stress with my guest Dr. Amy Johnson who is a fellow coach and colleague in the Three Principles community.
Amy Johnson, Ph.D. is a psychologist, coach, author, and speaker who shares a groundbreaking new approach that helps people find true, lasting freedom from unwanted habits via insight rather than willpower. She is the author of Being Human (2013), and The Little Book of Big Change: The No-Willpower Approach to Breaking Any Habit (2016). In 2017 she opened The Little School of Big Change, an online school that has helped hundreds of people find freedom from anxiety and habits and live a more peaceful life.Dr. Johnson has been a regularly featured expert on The Steve Harvey Show and Oprah.com, as well as in The Wall Street Journal and Self magazine.
In this episode, Dr. Johnson and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
1. The BIG questions…How to stop stressing out !
2. Where stress really comes from (hint: it doesn’t come from your work, coworkers or workplace, your boyfriend/girlfriend, your kids, speaking in public, you skin breaking out…)
3. A new way of looking at stress that will de-activate it pretty much instantly
4. How looking to your feelings for what makes sense is the wrong way to go about making decisions
5. Why you don’t need to change or work on your mindset to feel better
6. How to change habits effortlessly without discipline or willpower
7. How to free yourself from addictions and bad habits once and for all
8. Why you don’t want to “fix” or change a belief, control your thinking, force yourself to think positively to have a great life or “attract/manifest” what you desire
9. How to create lasting change effortlessly (yes, it’s possible)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #12, Essential Oils For Rosacea with my guest Tiffany Carole.
Links & Resources
1. Dr. Amy Johnson’s website dramyjohnson.com
2. Connect with Amy on Instagram instagram.com/dr.amy.johnson
3. Amy on Facebook facebook.com/DrAmyJohnson
4. Amy’s YouTube channel youtube.com/user/DrAmyJohnson
5. If you’ve enjoyed this conversation on the inside-out understanding of the mind you will enjoy Caroline’s business podcast on iTunes, The Caroline Frenette Show
6. Caroline’s coaching webiste carolinefrenette.com
doTERRA Pure Essential Oils
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture of my skin. Grab the (free) guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #11 Essential Oils For Rosacea w/ Tiffany Carole It's such a pleasure to dive into essential oils for rosacea with my guest Tiffany Carole. Tiffany is a published author of Chinese and Energetic Medicine articles, adjunct faculty at Bastyr University, and has been...read more
Best Floral Waters For Sensitive Skin I’m in love with floral waters. Also called hydrosols, floral waters have multiple uses and can be beautifully incorporated into your skincare ritual. Hydrosols are produced by the steam distillation of aromatic plants; the...read more
Why I Stopped Drinking Alcohol I’ve just completed a 30-DAY ALCOHOL EXPERIMENT. No alcohol (in my case, wine) for 30 days. My intuition had been nudging me to stop drinking for a while now and right around the holidays, I felt it was time. When I embark on my...read more
JTG #10 Acne Skincare w/ Sara Sumic Of Health Skin Glows If you've been struggling with acne or, like me, you have super sensitive skin, understanding your skin's microbiome and how to care for it is crucial. Through my conversations with Sara, I've realized that...read more
JTG #9 How to Heal Psoriasis & Eczema Naturally Hanna Sillitoe I'm so excited to share this episode on how to heal psoriasis and eczema naturally with my incredible guest, Hanna Sillitoe. After 20 years of struggling with psoriasis, eczema, and acne, Hanna...read more
JTG #8 Healing Cystic Acne w/ The Medical Medium Janelle Cepero Getting to the root cause of acne can be daunting. But my guest today, Janelle Cepero, proves that it's possible to heal cystic acne naturally by following the simple steps outlined by the Medical...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter