JTG #28 My 30-Day Celery Juice Cleanse, Skin Reaction to Celery Juice & Can Celery Juice Heal Rosacea
I’ve had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-day celery juice cleanse that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer all of your questions in this podcast episode.
This is a follow up to a blog post I published on the topic of celery juice and how a 30-day celery juice challenge turned into a huge skin crisis. If you’d like to read the post and see the before and after pictures of my skin, as well as what my skin looked like in full-blown crisis mode, click here.
In this episode, I talk about my 30-day celery juice cleanse, specifically:
- Why I wanted to do a 30-day celery juice cleanse
- My goals for this celery juice challenge
- What my skin looked like before the 30-day celery juice cleanse and after
- My goals and expectations
- What exactly is a cleanse
- Which foods I remove during a cleanse
- Why I wanted to include celery juice in this cleanse
- The benefits of celery juice
- Can celery juice really heal your skin
- Setting the right expectations
- What happened during the 30-day celery juice cleanse
- What I did when my skin went into crisis mode
- Why I wouldn’t do a 30-day celery juice cleanse again
- Can celery juice heal rosacea?
My skin before the celery juice challenge, during & 6 months later
January 1st 2019 (pre-celery juice cleanse)
January 15th 2019 (my skin crisis 5 days into the celery juice cleanse)
June 2019 (rosacea 6 months after the cleanse)
Read the blog post:
My 30-Day Celery Juice Challenge
I wrote a comprehense blog post documenting my entire celery juice challenge.
In this blog post I share:
- Why I wanted to do a celery juice experiment
- What I ate during my 30-day cleanse
- What I did when my skin started to freak out
- How I felt before and after the experiment
- The benefits of celery juice
- My favourite juicers
- Practical tips if you’re considering doing a similar cleanse
- Why I stopped drinking celery juice
- What I would do differently next time
I also post more photos of my skin before and after the celery juice experiment.
Links & Resources
1. Episode #8 with Janelle Cepero on Healing Acne With The Medical Medium Protocol journeytoglow.com/8
2. Read the full blog post about my 30-day celery juice challenge journeytoglow.com/30-day-celery-juice-challenge-clear-skin
3. My interview with Muneeza Ahmed on healing acne and rosacea with the Medical Medium protocol journeytoglow.com/20
4. Download the free guide My Skin Is In Crisis, Now What?
5. Download the free guide Essential Radiance: My Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
6. Read about why I decided to stop driking alcohol journeytoglow.com/why-i-stopped-drinking-alcohol
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #29 Herbs & Plant Medecine To Support Skin Health With Herbalist Rosalee De La Foret In this podcast episode I have the pleasure of asking my guest, Rosalee De La foret all-of-the-questions about herbs and plants to treat skin issues! Rosalee de la Forêt is...
My 30-day celery juice challenge & the (unexpected) impact it had on my skin IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING. I've had so many questions about my celery juice challenge on Instagram and the unexpected effect it had on my skin, that I knew I had to write a...
What is dry brushing and what are the benefits?If you've ever wanted to know the full scoop about dry brushing — what is dry brushing and what are the benefits? — you''ve landed on the right blog post. But first, let me give you a little context... I resisted...
JTG #27 The DUTCH Test For Hormonal Balance & Clear Skin With Kristen Burkett Ever since hearing about DUTCH Test, I've been fascinated to learn more about how it can give us clues not only to heal our skin but on a deeper level, about our general well-being and...
An interview with Journey To Glow Founder Caroline Frenette I had the pleasure of being interviewed by one of my previous podcast guest and Functional Health Coach, Brigit Danner on why I created Journey To Glow! In this video, Bridgit and I talk about: Caroline's...
Gua Sha For Glowing Skin Move over, jade rollers; gua sha is stealing the spotlight. Gua sha, a method of facial massage with crystal tools, has recently sprung up all over Instagram — but it’s actually been around for thousands of years. With origins in the...
JTG #26 Renegade Beauty With Nadine Artemis Nadine Artemis is the author of two books including Renegade Beauty: Reveal and Revive Your Natural Radiance and Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums. Nadine is a gifted aromacologist who works...
Supplements For Energy & Vitality doTERRA's LLV Lifelong Vitality PackDoterra LLV Lifelong Vitality Pack Supplements had been on my radar for a while. But before I invest in a supplement I do research on the company, the ingredients, the quality. I ask my...
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...
JTG #25 Functional Nutrition To Clear Acne With Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic nutrition approach to healing your skin as well as the...
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...
JTG #23 A Functional & Naturopathic Approach To Healing Skin With Dr. Lynne Racette In this episode we're talking about naturopathy to heal acne and other persistent skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis with Dr. Lynne Racette. Dr. Lynne is a...
Get The (FREE) Essential Radiance Guide
Caroline's top 5 essential oils for glowing skin
Download the (free) Essential Radiance Guide where I share my top 5 essential oils for redness, inflammation, breakouts and dehydration. These pure essential oils are now part of my everyday skincare!