JTG #43 Managing Eczema In Babies & Children
With The Eczema Expert Rebecca Bonneteau
JTG #43 Managing Eczema in Babies & Children With Naturopath & Eczema Expert Rebecca Bonneteau
Fact: 1 in 4 children has eczema, but the great news is Rebecca Bonneteau decided to do something about it. In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast we talk to The Eczema Expert Rebecca Bonneteau about managing eczema in babies & children.
About our guest:
Rebecca Bonneteau N.D. was born with chronic eczema and after spending many years learning how to support her body so she could take control of her condition naturally she now focuses her work helping others do the same. She wants to make sure that no child grows up thinking that they can’t take control of their eczema.
She has set out to, first and foremost, support parents who are trying to move away from the reliance on medication. The path to taking control of eczema is not a short one, making support the number one thing you need on this journey so her priority was to set up a network of parents who all wanted to learn and support one another.
In this episode, Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette and The Eczema Expert cover:
- Rebecca’s journey to glow
- What’s happening with your immune system when you have eczema
- The hormone-eczema connection
- The importance of a good sleep cycle for kids and what to do when the eczema keeps your child awake scratching
- The crucial role of the lymphatic system when you have eczema
- How to improve the lymphatic system and move out “waste”
- Looking at poop for clues on what’s happening in the system
- Benefits of saunas + dry brushing
- How to protect your skin in the sauna if you have rosacea
- Dry brushing and essential oils
- What happens when you use steroids cream for eczema and suddenly stop
- Essential oils for eczema and self-care
- Tea versus tinctures versus supplements for clear skin
- Should you use essential oils if you have eczema?
1. “We need to shift our thinking when it comes to skin issues to realize our body is actually working, doing its job moving excess toxins and trying to heal.”
2. “It’s important to shift our thinking from beating ourselves up for having skin issues and instead, learn to ask: what is my skin trying to say?”
3. “Learn to work with the body instead of suppressing it.”
Essential oils mentioned in this episode:
Click the items linked to shop retail (full price) or click here to open your doTERRA wholesale account and save 25%..
1. Slim & Sassy (the metabolic blend)
2. Zendocrine (the detox blend)
3. Basil Essential Oil (for adrenals, skin irritation, immune function)
4. Helichrysum (my absolute go to for clear, glowing skin)
5. Geranium (another great option for beautiful skin)
6. Neroli (I call it the Goddess oil for it’s transformative and healing power)
Essential Radiance: My Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant Skin
get the (free) guide
As a green-beauty junkie, I've been on a my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin's dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.
The Glow Blog
Herbal Medicine & Supplements To Support The Immune Systemherbal medicine & supplements to support the immune system during (and after) COVID-19Article at a Glance • Much of the science on COVID-19 is very new, and, unfortunately, there aren’t many studies...
JTG#47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle Ryan
JTG #47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle RyanJTG #47 Adaptogenic Mushrooms & Plants To Support Your Immune System with Clinical Herbalist & Mycologist Danielle RyanIn this...
Essential Oils To Boost & Protect Your Immune System The moment in history we’re collectively living has a valuable lesson for us: our sense of control over the outside world is an illusion. If that thought is difficult to sit with, remember that the power to...
JTG #46 How To Stay Grounded During Uncertain Times with Megan Pennington JTG #46 How to stay grounded & sane during uncertain times + MRT (food sensitivities) testing with Megan PenningtonToday we're talking Megan Pennington about staying grounded in uncertain...
*Brand Spotlight JTG #45 Flower Elixirs With Katie Hess Founder of LotusweiJTG #45 Flower Elixirs With Katie Hess Founder of LotusweiDid you know that there’s such a thing as a Flower Alchemist? And did you know that the innate healing intelligence contained in the...
JTG #44 Functional Nutrition For Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn Malecha JTG #44 A Functional Map To Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn MalechaThis is part 2 of my conversation with FDN Practitioner (Functional Diagnostics Nutrition) Jenn Malecha. To listen...
*Brand SpotlightJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah JensenJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah Jensen In this sponsored podcast interview I’m welcoming Sanara Skincare founder Rebekah Jensen to share with us her journey to glow. Rebekah Jensen is the founder of...
Organic Skincarebalms for sensitive & rosacea-prone skinThe most important thing for me when I shop for any organic skincare is that it be gentle on my rosacea-prone skin. There’s nothing worse than having a reaction to a product because our skin doesn’t agree...
JTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Jess ArnaudinJTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Holistic Skin Therapist & Green Beauty Expert Jess ArnaudinIn this episode we talk about the important of clean, plant-based beauty and how to simplify your skincare with author of...