JTG #13 A fresh Look At Stress & Anxiety With Dr. Amy Johnson
There’s no doubt that stress has become an epidemic in our busy lives. While there are millions of books written on the subject, when I first came across the inside-out understanding of the Three Principles I knew that I had found something fresh, a paradigm shift really.
In 25+ years of self-help and personal development, nothing has moved the needle as much in terms of (almost completely) eradicating overwhelm, anxiety and stress in my daily life than this understanding.
So it’s my absolute pleasure to dive into A Fresh New Way To Look At stress with my guest Dr. Amy Johnson who is a fellow coach and colleague in the Three Principles community.
Amy Johnson, Ph.D. is a psychologist, coach, author, and speaker who shares a groundbreaking new approach that helps people find true, lasting freedom from unwanted habits via insight rather than willpower. She is the author of Being Human (2013), and The Little Book of Big Change: The No-Willpower Approach to Breaking Any Habit (2016). In 2017 she opened The Little School of Big Change, an online school that has helped hundreds of people find freedom from anxiety and habits and live a more peaceful life.Dr. Johnson has been a regularly featured expert on The Steve Harvey Show and Oprah.com, as well as in The Wall Street Journal and Self magazine.
In this episode, Dr. Johnson and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
1. The BIG questions…How to stop stressing out !
2. Where stress really comes from (hint: it doesn’t come from your work, coworkers or workplace, your boyfriend/girlfriend, your kids, speaking in public, you skin breaking out…)
3. A new way of looking at stress that will de-activate it pretty much instantly
4. How looking to your feelings for what makes sense is the wrong way to go about making decisions
5. Why you don’t need to change or work on your mindset to feel better
6. How to change habits effortlessly without discipline or willpower
7. How to free yourself from addictions and bad habits once and for all
8. Why you don’t want to “fix” or change a belief, control your thinking, force yourself to think positively to have a great life or “attract/manifest” what you desire
9. How to create lasting change effortlessly (yes, it’s possible)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #12, Essential Oils For Rosacea with my guest Tiffany Carole.
Links & Resources
1. Dr. Amy Johnson’s website dramyjohnson.com
2. Connect with Amy on Instagram instagram.com/dr.amy.johnson
3. Amy on Facebook facebook.com/DrAmyJohnson
4. Amy’s YouTube channel youtube.com/user/DrAmyJohnson
5. If you’ve enjoyed this conversation on the inside-out understanding of the mind you will enjoy Caroline’s business podcast on iTunes, The Caroline Frenette Show
6. Caroline’s coaching website carolinefrenette.com
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on organic, non-toxic skincare products but not seeing much improvements in my skin, I started researching essential oils.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a green beauty junkie, and I love the handmade, small-batch skincare products I've purchased. But I never found ONE serum that would tackle all of my skin's unique needs. So I ended up with a bathroom counter full of lovely products but no real solution.
Through my extensive research on essential oils for sensitive skin, I discovered 5 key oils that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of crafting and testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, I noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Specifically, the rosacea breakouts on my cheeks were gone and my skin felt hydrated.
Download my (free) Essential Radiance Guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...read more
JTG #25 Dig To The Root Cause of Your Skin Imbalance With Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic...read more
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...read more
JTG #23 A Functional & Naturopathic Approach To Healing Skin With Dr. Lynne Racette Dr. Lynne is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor currently practicing in Ontario. She has a clinical focus and strong background in women’s health, endocrinology, pelvic floor, and...read more
JTG #22 When The Quest To Soothe Inflamed Rosacea Turns Into A Sensitive Skin Care Brand Elaine Li is a brand marketing veteran that has worked on Global multi-million dollar brands in the Health & Wellness space. After 16 years in the Consumer Packaged Goods...read more
Red Clover Tea For Clear Glowing Skin Lately, I’ve been consciously choosing to swap a warm, skin-beautifying cup of herbal tea for my usual collagen infused nut milk and (mold-free) coffee. I’ve been experimenting with a few blends that I’m hoping will help clear a...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter