JTG #33 Naturally Glowing Skin From Within With Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Nadia Neumann
In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we talk about naturally glowing skin from within with nutritional therapy practitioner Nadia Neumann.
Nadia Neumann is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner who specializes in female adult acne and women’s whole body wellness. After struggling with breakouts in her early 20s, she made it her mission to learn as much as possible about the root causes of acne and now helps other women bring balance back to their bodies and skin in her private practice and 6-week group nutrition and skin coaching program Holistically Clear.
She is the author of Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin, and founder of the healthy living website Body Unburdened, which has helped millions of readers adopt a holistic approach to health and wellness since 2013. A natural skincare junkie, Nadia recently took her obsession with face oils to a whole new level with the Body Unburdened Beauty Blends – her line of small-batch, handmade face oil blends – and plans to offer more products in coming months.
She loves spending time hiking in the beautiful San Francisco Bay area where she lives with her husband and considers dark chocolate to be an antioxidant-packed, anti-aging, skin-loving superfood.
In this episode, Nadia Neumann and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
- Nadia’s journey to healing acne
- Why do women experience post-pill acne
- What is androgen rebound and how does it affect your skin
- The toll the pill takes on your liver and the rest of your body
- Cortisol (the stress hormone) and skin
- The importance of balancing blood sugar and clear skin
- Glowing skin breakfast ideas to feel satiated and nourish your skin
- Collagen as a protein powder to support your skin and help with leaky gut
- Nadia’s favorite protein powder
- Loving your liver for hormonal balance
- The antioxidants you need for clear skin
- Nadia’s 2 favorite supplements to support the liver
- How to support your bodies’ detox pathways
- The small, incremental changes that lead to optimum health and clear skin
- How to implement change from the inside-out
- Why choose a mineral sunscreen
- The importance of vitamin production from exposure to the sun
The Best Nontoxic, High-Performance Sunscreen
If you enjoyed this podcast episode you will love this comprehensive article on nontoxic suncreens.
The Glow Blog
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.