JTG #32 Histamine Intolerance With Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist Vivien Allred
In this episode we talk about histamine foods and histamine intolerance and how it can manifest as acne with my guest, Naturopathic Nutritional therapist Vivien Allred.
Vivien Allred (Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHC) is a UK based Naturopathic Nutritional therapist. She studied for 3 years at the College of naturopathic medicine, after struggling with her own health issues, for many years during early adulthood. Vivien Allred (Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHC) is a UK based Naturopathic Nutritional therapist. She studied for 3 years at the College of naturopathic medicine, after struggling with her own health issues, for many years during early adulthood.
She now works primarily with women struggling with hormonal imbalances and digestive issues, educating them about the healing properties of food, nutritional supplements, lifestyle, and other natural remedies.
Vivien offers both online and in-person consultations and aims to identify and address the root causes of her clients’ symptoms, supporting them with personalized health protocols.
She is passionate about helping as many women as possible overcome their health issues and she is dedicated to sharing regular content, including weekly blog posts, newsletters and episodes on her podcast ‘Hormones in Harmony’ plus daily education, inspiration and Q&A’s on her Instagram page.
In this episode, Vivien Allred and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
• The difference between a holistic nutritionist, a naturopathic doctor, a naturopath, a dietitian, a functional diagnostics practitioner, Naturopathic Nutritional therapist and a functional medicine doctor
• My big vision for Journey to Glow
• Histamine intolerance & acne
• Histamine foods
• How healthcare needs to change so that we gain momentum in health, wellness, and skincare
• Vivien’s journey to glow from cystic acne, bad health, losing her period to getting back on track and becoming a functional naturopathic nutritionist • When to do the SIBO test • Symptoms of histamine intolerance
• Dietary solutions when you have a histamine intolerance
• Why you don’t want to meal prep or eat leftovers when you have a histamine intolerance
• The Insta-pot: your new best friend if you have histamine intolerances
• Foods to avoid if you have a histamine intolerance
• The worst histamine offenders
• Supplements for gut health and clear skin
Links & Resources
Vivien’s website vivanaturalhealth.co.uk
Histamine friendly probiotics…
College of Naturopathic Medicine (UK) naturopathy-uk.com
My interview with Annie Grace on the 30-day Alcohol Experiment
Searching For The Perfect Nontoxic, High-Performance Sunscreen
If you enjoyed this podcast episode you will love this comprehensive article on nontoxic suncreens.
The Glow Blog
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.