JTG # 17 Holistic Dermatology with Dr Keira Barr
I’m very excited to be talking about Holistic Dermatology with Dr Keira Barr.
Dr. Keira Barr is an international best-selling author, a wellness expert and a dual board-certified dermatologist with over 20 years experience practicing medicine. Through all of the discoveries she’s made and her own experience with skin cancer, Dr. Barr is leading a movement that empowers women to feel comfortable in their skin by showing up powerfully in it. Understanding the correlation between the skin, mind and body is the key to productivity, better health, emotional well-being and resilience. With this understanding, Dr. Barr has developed a process and path that fortifies your body, your life and your skin. By working with other professional and entrepreneurial women revitalize their lives and re-energise their bodies, she has helped them achieve and exceed their physical and personal goals of happiness, confidence and success. Through her programs, services and support, as the Chief Wellness Officer of Resilient Health Institute (RHI), she is redefining the delivery of skincare.
In this episode, Dr. Keira and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
- Dr. Keira Barr explains what is Holistic Dermatology
- Keira’s concept of “how are we showing up in our skin” as a doorway to healing
- The brain-skin connection
- How your skin gives you an overall view of your health and well being
- Clues on the quality of sleep, food and skin care
- The different forms of stress that affect the skin
- Training ourselves to listen to the voice of “the body wisdom”
- How the stories we tell ourselves keep us stuck on our healing journey
- Principles from Dr. Keira’s book the Skin Whisperer
- Lazers (IPL, YAG…) yes or no?
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #13 Fresh Look At stress & Anxiety with Dr. Amy Johnson.
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.