JTG #7 Detoxifying from Toxic Mold w/ Bridgit Danner
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and certified Functional Diagnostic practitioner since 2015. She gave over 12,000 treatments in her years working as an acupuncturist & led a staff of 10 at her practice.
Her interest in natural health grew from an interest in protecting the environment. Even as a child, she was donating her allowance to Greenpeace and writing cosmetic companies to ask about their practices!
While busy running an integrative wellness center in Portland, Oregon, she developed an environmental illness due to toxic mold in her home. Already experienced in hormone management and nutrition, she became acutely aware of the powerful impact of the environment on her health.
She and her family lost their house and everything in it to toxic mold, and moved 1,000 miles to the Arizona desert to heal.
Bridgit now educates about toxins and detoxification through her blog, online programs, product shop and Facebook group. She also works with private clients on customized functional medicine protocols for healing.
In this episode, Bridgit talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- The turning point for Bridgit of finding toxic mold in her home
- Testing for mold in your home and what to do if your home is toxic
- What to do if your body doesn’t detox from mold toxicity
- Green smoothie recipe to detox the system
- Which supplements can support the detoxification process
- Pinpointing the body burdens and eliminating them
- Essential oils for liver support and skin detoxification
Oils we talked about in this episode:
*This is very short summary of the immense potential and power of these magnificent oils.
- Turmeric: is an amazing anti-inflammatory, boosts glutathione production and as an essential oil is 10x more bioavailable than in herbal form!
- Grapefruit moves lymph, anti-candida, antibacterial and anti mold. It uplifts the mood and disperses negative thoughts.
- Lemon detoxifies the body and uplifts the mood
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil. It also addresses metal and adrenal fatigue
- Zendocrine blend is great to apply under your feet or after the sauna. Supports kidney, skin health and gut
- Cilantro is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, clears the body of heavy metals and calms anxiety
- Oregano is quite powerful with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, and anti-viral properties
- Cinnamon to clear parasites
- Citrus Bliss to uplift the mood and clear brain fog
- Digestzen gut and liver detoxifier
- Yarrow Pom for hydration and is rejuvenating to the skin
- I use ClaryCalm every month when I have my period, roll on the tummy for a soothing effect, kinda like Advil but better (without the side effect of feeling numb or being a burden for your liver)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love Essential Oils for Rosacea with my guest Tiffany Carole.
doTERRA Pure Essential Oils
Links mentioned in this episode:
1. Bridgit Danner’s webiste
2. Follow Bridgit on Instagram
3. Follow Journey To Glow on Instagram @lovemyjourneytoglow
4. Download my (free) guide Essential Radiance Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant skin
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture of my skin. Grab the (free) guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
5 Big Changes I Made To Heal Rosacea Naturally & Holistically I know how frustrating it can be to try to pinpoint the root cause of a skin imbalance or to implement changes but not see progress. Sometimes it feels like walking in the dark without a sense of...read more
JTG #16 Healing Acne With The Medical Medium Protocol with Jacqueline Gibbs When I launched Journey to Glow I knew that wanted to have Skin Healing experts on the podcast, but I also wanted to highlight "regular" women (women who aren't health or wellness experts) to...read more
JTG #15 Clean Beauty with Becca Tetzlaff Acne was something Becca struggled with on and off throughout her life. After trying countless “miracle” products that just didn’t work, she began doing research and discovered that to heal her skin, she’d have to do something...read more
JTG #14 Re-Writing Your Skin Story With The Therapeutic Skin Coach Hayley Wood Have you ever stopped to think about how your inner dialogue can impact your skin? In this podcast episode, my guest The Therapeutic Skin Coach Hayley Wood helps us see how our how...read more
10 Tips for Dry & Dehydrated Skin by Sara Sumic of Healthy Skin Glows Battling dry and/or dehydrated skin, especially in the wintertime, is hard. How to get some relief? First, let's remember that dry skin is not just a surface problem. We need to take a...read more
JTG #13 A fresh Look At Stress & Anxiety With Dr. Amy Johnson There's no doubt that stress has become an epidemic in our busy lives. While there are millions of books written on the subject, when I first came across the inside-out understanding of the Three...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter