JTG #7 Detoxifying from Toxic Mold w/ Bridgit Danner
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and certified Functional Diagnostic practitioner since 2015. She gave over 12,000 treatments in her years working as an acupuncturist & led a staff of 10 at her practice.
Her interest in natural health grew from an interest in protecting the environment. Even as a child, she was donating her allowance to Greenpeace and writing cosmetic companies to ask about their practices!
While busy running an integrative wellness center in Portland, Oregon, she developed an environmental illness due to toxic mold in her home. Already experienced in hormone management and nutrition, she became acutely aware of the powerful impact of the environment on her health.
She and her family lost their house and everything in it to toxic mold, and moved 1,000 miles to the Arizona desert to heal.
Bridgit now educates about toxins and detoxification through her blog, online programs, product shop and Facebook group. She also works with private clients on customized functional medicine protocols for healing.
In this episode, Bridgit talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- The turning point for Bridgit of finding toxic mold in her home
- Testing for mold in your home and what to do if your home is toxic
- What to do if your body doesn’t detox from mold toxicity
- Green smoothie recipe to detox the system
- Which supplements can support the detoxification process
- Pinpointing the body burdens and eliminating them
- Essential oils for liver support and skin detoxification
Oils we talked about in this episode:
*This is very short summary of the immense potential and power of these magnificent oils.
- Turmeric: is an amazing anti-inflammatory, boosts glutathione production and as an essential oil is 10x more bioavailable than in herbal form!
- Grapefruit moves lymph, anti-candida, antibacterial and anti mold. It uplifts the mood and disperses negative thoughts.
- Lemon detoxifies the body and uplifts the mood
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil. It also addresses metal and adrenal fatigue
- Zendocrine blend is great to apply under your feet or after the sauna. Supports kidney, skin health and gut
- Cilantro is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, clears the body of heavy metals and calms anxiety
- Oregano is quite powerful with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, and anti-viral properties
- Cinnamon to clear parasites
- Citrus Bliss to uplift the mood and clear brain fog
- Digestzen gut and liver detoxifier
- Yarrow Pom for hydration and is rejuvenating to the skin
- I use ClaryCalm every month when I have my period, roll on the tummy for a soothing effect, kinda like Advil but better (without the side effect of feeling numb or being a burden for your liver)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode 12 The Clear Skin Detox with Melissa Vanden Heuvel.
Links mentioned in this episode:
1. Bridgit’s website bridgitdanner.com
2. Follow Bridgit on Instagram
3. Follow Journey To Glow on Instagram @lovemyjourneytoglow
4. Download my (free) guide Essential Radiance Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant skin
Get The (FREE) Guide
After spending thousands of dollars on organic, non-toxic skincare products but not seeing much improvements in my skin, I started researching essential oils.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a green beauty junkie, and I love the handmade, small-batch skincare products I've purchased. But I never found ONE serum that would tackle all of my skin's unique needs. So I ended up with a bathroom counter full of lovely products but no real solution.
Through my extensive research on essential oils for sensitive skin, I discovered 5 key oils that targeted my skin’s dehydration, inflammation and breakouts.
After 2 weeks of crafting and testing my own serums made of 100% certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, I noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Specifically, the rosacea breakouts on my cheeks were gone and my skin felt hydrated.
Download my (free) Essential Radiance Guide to learn more about my top 5 essential oils for radiant skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...read more
JTG #25 Dig To The Root Cause of Your Skin Imbalance With Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic...read more
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...read more
JTG #23 A Functional & Naturopathic Approach To Healing Skin With Dr. Lynne Racette Dr. Lynne is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor currently practicing in Ontario. She has a clinical focus and strong background in women’s health, endocrinology, pelvic floor, and...read more
JTG #22 When The Quest To Soothe Inflamed Rosacea Turns Into A Sensitive Skin Care Brand Elaine Li is a brand marketing veteran that has worked on Global multi-million dollar brands in the Health & Wellness space. After 16 years in the Consumer Packaged Goods...read more
Red Clover Tea For Clear Glowing Skin Lately, I’ve been consciously choosing to swap a warm, skin-beautifying cup of herbal tea for my usual collagen infused nut milk and (mold-free) coffee. I’ve been experimenting with a few blends that I’m hoping will help clear a...read more
Sign up for the Glowletter