JTG #7 Detoxifying from Toxic Mold w/ Bridgit Danner
In this episode we’re talking about a topic that’s super important to adress; the importance of detoxing from toxic mold with Bridgit Danner.
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and certified Functional Diagnostic practitioner since 2015. She gave over 12,000 treatments in her years working as an acupuncturist & led a staff of 10 at her practice.
Her interest in natural health grew from an interest in protecting the environment. Even as a child, she was donating her allowance to Greenpeace and writing cosmetic companies to ask about their practices!
While busy running an integrative wellness center in Portland, Oregon, she developed an environmental illness due to toxic mold in her home. Already experienced in hormone management and nutrition, she became acutely aware of the powerful impact of the environment on her health.
She and her family lost their house and everything in it to toxic mold, and moved 1,000 miles to the Arizona desert to heal.
Bridgit now educates about toxins and detoxification through her blog, online programs, product shop and Facebook group. She also works with private clients on customized functional medicine protocols for healing.
In this episode, Bridgit talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- The turning point for Bridgit of finding toxic mold in her home
- Testing for mold in your home and what to do if your home is toxic
- What to do if your body doesn’t detox from mold toxicity
- Green smoothie recipe to detox the system
- Which supplements can support the detoxification process
- Pinpointing the body burdens and eliminating them
- Essential oils for liver support and skin detoxification
Oils we talked about in this episode:
*This is very short summary of the immense potential and power of these magnificent oils.
- Turmeric: is an amazing anti-inflammatory, boosts glutathione production and as an essential oil is 10x more bioavailable than in herbal form!
- Grapefruit moves lymph, anti-candida, antibacterial and anti mold. It uplifts the mood and disperses negative thoughts.
- Lemon detoxifies the body and uplifts the mood
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil. It also addresses metal and adrenal fatigue
- Zendocrine blend is great to apply under your feet or after the sauna. Supports kidney, skin health and gut
- Cilantro is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, clears the body of heavy metals and calms anxiety
- Oregano is quite powerful with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, and anti-viral properties
- Cinnamon to clear parasites
- Citrus Bliss to uplift the mood and clear brain fog
- Digestzen gut and liver detoxifier
- Yarrow Pom for hydration and is rejuvenating to the skin
- I use ClaryCalm every month when I have my period, roll on the tummy for a soothing effect, kinda like Advil but better (without the side effect of feeling numb or being a burden for your liver)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode 12 The Clear Skin Detox with Melissa Vanden Heuvel.
Links mentioned in this episode:
1. Bridgit’s website bridgitdanner.com
2. Follow Bridgit on Instagram
3. Follow Journey To Glow on Instagram @lovemyjourneytoglow
4. Download my (free) guide Essential Radiance Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant skin
Get The (FREE) Guide
As a green-beauty junkie, it’s been my mission to find non-toxic, natural products that are high performing AND fit my skin’s unique needs.
After spending thousands of dollars on products but not seeing improvement with my skin, I started researching essential oils.
I discovered 5 that targeted my skin’s dehydration and inflammation, so I immediately put them to the test.
After 2 weeks of testing my own concoctions made of 100% certified pure essential oils, I noticed a huge improvement on the texture and hydration of my skin.
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #44 Functional Nutrition For Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn Malecha JTG #44 A Functional Map To Clear Skin With FDN Practitioner Jenn MalechaThis is part 2 of my conversation with FDN Practitioner (Functional Diagnostics Nutrition) Jenn Malecha. To listen...
JTG #43 Managing Eczema In Babies & Children With The Eczema Expert Rebecca Bonneteau JTG #43 Managing Eczema in Babies & Children With Naturopath & Eczema Expert Rebecca BonneteauFact: 1 in 4 children has eczema, but the great news is Rebecca Bonneteau...
*Brand SpotlightJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah JensenJTG #42 Sanara Skincare Founder Rebekah JensenIn this sponsored podcast interview I’m welcoming Sanara Skincare founder Rebekah Jensen to share with us her journey to glow. Rebekah Jensen is the founder of...
Organic Skincarebalms for sensitive & rosacea-prone skinThe most important thing for me when I shop for any organic skincare is that it be gentle on my rosacea-prone skin. There’s nothing worse than having a reaction to a product because our skin doesn’t agree...
JTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Jess ArnaudinJTG #41 Plant-Based Beauty With Holistic Skin Therapist & Green Beauty Expert Jess ArnaudinIn this episode we talk about the important of clean, plant-based beauty and how to simplify your skincare with author of...
JTG #40 Celebrating 1 Year Of Journey To Glow + Healing Rosacea Naturally (Where I'm at on my journey) JTG #40 Celebrating Journey to Glow's 1 Year Anniversary + Healing Rosacea Naturally (Where I'm at on my journey) Stopping to celebrate each milestone (no matter how...
JTG #39 The Link Between SIBO & Rosacea With The SIBO Doctor Nirala Jacobi JTG #39 The Link Between SIBO & Rosacea With The SIBO Doctor Nirala Jacobi In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast we talk to Dr. Nirala Jacobi about the possible causes for SIBO...
Green Beauty Junkie holiday gift guideWelcome to the sustainable, green beauty junkie holiday gift guide! The perfect gift for the savvy green beauty junkie gift transcends the material world: it feeds the senses, uplifts the soul, encourages rituals of...
JTG #38 Skin Positivity with Photographer Sophie Harris Taylor [Epidermis]Skin Positivity with Photographer Sophie Harris Taylor [Epidermis]In this episode we talk about the skin positivity movement with photographer Sophie Harris Taylor and her lastest exhibit,...
Our Green Beauty Junkies RecommendOur Favorite Clean, Nontoxic & Organic Skincare ProductsYou've asked me to share what my favorite clean, non-toxic, organic skincare products are... Happy to! But first, here's what you need to know... As a green-beauty junkie...
Digital Courses To Uplift Your Mind, Body & SoulDigital Courses To Uplift Your Mind, Body & Soul One of the things that's helped me most on my journey to glow is taking time for myself and indulging in much-needed self-care. One of my favorite self-care ritual...
JTG #37 Corneotherapy & Rosacea with Skin Expert Robyn McAlpine Author of Skinside-OutDisclaimer On this page you will find affiliate links to products I love. Clicking on these links means that I may get a small commission, which, in turn, pays for my time and...