JTG #7 Detoxifying from Toxic Mold w/ Bridgit Danner
In this episode we’re talking about a topic that’s super important to adress; the importance of detoxing from toxic mold with Bridgit Danner.
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and certified Functional Diagnostic practitioner since 2015. She gave over 12,000 treatments in her years working as an acupuncturist & led a staff of 10 at her practice.
Her interest in natural health grew from an interest in protecting the environment. Even as a child, she was donating her allowance to Greenpeace and writing cosmetic companies to ask about their practices!
While busy running an integrative wellness center in Portland, Oregon, she developed an environmental illness due to toxic mold in her home. Already experienced in hormone management and nutrition, she became acutely aware of the powerful impact of the environment on her health.
She and her family lost their house and everything in it to toxic mold, and moved 1,000 miles to the Arizona desert to heal.
Bridgit now educates about toxins and detoxification through her blog, online programs, product shop and Facebook group. She also works with private clients on customized functional medicine protocols for healing.
In this episode, Bridgit talks to Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette about:
- The turning point for Bridgit of finding toxic mold in her home
- Testing for mold in your home and what to do if your home is toxic
- What to do if your body doesn’t detox from mold toxicity
- Green smoothie recipe to detox the system
- Which supplements can support the detoxification process
- Pinpointing the body burdens and eliminating them
- Essential oils for liver support and skin detoxification
Oils we talked about in this episode:
*This is very short summary of the immense potential and power of these magnificent oils.
- Turmeric: is an amazing anti-inflammatory, boosts glutathione production and as an essential oil is 10x more bioavailable than in herbal form!
- Grapefruit moves lymph, anti-candida, antibacterial and anti mold. It uplifts the mood and disperses negative thoughts.
- Lemon detoxifies the body and uplifts the mood
- Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil. It also addresses metal and adrenal fatigue
- Zendocrine blend is great to apply under your feet or after the sauna. Supports kidney, skin health and gut
- Cilantro is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, clears the body of heavy metals and calms anxiety
- Oregano is quite powerful with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, and anti-viral properties
- Cinnamon to clear parasites
- Citrus Bliss to uplift the mood and clear brain fog
- Digestzen gut and liver detoxifier
- Yarrow Pom for hydration and is rejuvenating to the skin
- I use ClaryCalm every month when I have my period, roll on the tummy for a soothing effect, kinda like Advil but better (without the side effect of feeling numb or being a burden for your liver)
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode 12 The Clear Skin Detox with Melissa Vanden Heuvel.
Links mentioned in this episode:
1. Bridgit’s website bridgitdanner.com
2. Follow Bridgit on Instagram
3. Follow Journey To Glow on Instagram @lovemyjourneytoglow
4. Download my (free) guide Essential Radiance Top 5 Essential Oils For Radiant skin
Get The (FREE) Essential Radiance Guide
Caroline's top 5 essential oils for glowing skin
Download the (free) Essential Radiance Guide where I share my top 5 essential oils for redness, inflammation, breakouts and dehydration. These pure essential oils are now part of my everyday skincare!
Podcast & Glow Blog
JTG #29 Herbs & Plant Medecine To Support Skin Health With Herbalist Rosalee De La Foret In this podcast episode I have the pleasure of asking my guest, Rosalee De La foret all-of-the-questions about herbs and plants to treat skin issues! Rosalee de la Forêt is...
JTG #28 My 30-Day Celery Juice Cleanse, Skin Reaction to Celery Juice & Can Celery Juice Heal Rosacea I've had so many questions on Instagram about my 30-day celery juice cleanse that I wanted to share all of the details (the good, the bad and the ugly) and answer...
My 30-day celery juice challenge & the (unexpected) impact it had on my skin IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING. I've had so many questions about my celery juice challenge on Instagram and the unexpected effect it had on my skin, that I knew I had to write a...
What is dry brushing and what are the benefits?If you've ever wanted to know the full scoop about dry brushing — what is dry brushing and what are the benefits? — you''ve landed on the right blog post. But first, let me give you a little context... I resisted...
JTG #27 The DUTCH Test For Hormonal Balance & Clear Skin With Kristen Burkett Ever since hearing about DUTCH Test, I've been fascinated to learn more about how it can give us clues not only to heal our skin but on a deeper level, about our general well-being and...
An interview with Journey To Glow Founder Caroline Frenette I had the pleasure of being interviewed by one of my previous podcast guest and Functional Health Coach, Brigit Danner on why I created Journey To Glow! In this video, Bridgit and I talk about: Caroline's...
Gua Sha For Glowing Skin Move over, jade rollers; gua sha is stealing the spotlight. Gua sha, a method of facial massage with crystal tools, has recently sprung up all over Instagram — but it’s actually been around for thousands of years. With origins in the...
JTG #26 Renegade Beauty With Nadine Artemis Nadine Artemis is the author of two books including Renegade Beauty: Reveal and Revive Your Natural Radiance and Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums. Nadine is a gifted aromacologist who works...
Supplements For Energy & Vitality doTERRA's LLV Lifelong Vitality PackDoterra LLV Lifelong Vitality Pack Supplements had been on my radar for a while. But before I invest in a supplement I do research on the company, the ingredients, the quality. I ask my...
Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie This is a delish + super filling + energizing smoothie recipe! I like to have this smoothie mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy or when I crave something sweet. Peanut Butter Coconut Mango Smoothie (Makes 2) 1 1/2 cup of...
JTG #25 Functional Nutrition To Clear Acne With Sara Korzeniewski In this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast, we answer ALL OF THE QUESTIONS about functional testing and a functional diagnostics + holistic nutrition approach to healing your skin as well as the...
JTG #24 Chinese Medicine To Heal Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea & Acne With Toni Balfour In this episode of the journey To Glow podcast I have the pleasure of talking to Toni Balfour about how Chinese Medicine can heal difficult skin conditions such as eczema,...