JTG #26 Renegade Beauty With Nadine Artemis
Nadine Artemis is the author of two books including Renegade Beauty: Reveal and Revive Your Natural Radiance and Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums.
Nadine is a gifted aromacologist who works with the purest ingredients from around the world. She’s the visionary and entrepreneurial force behind Living Libations, an exquisite line of pure botanical beauty products. Through Living Libations™, a company co-created with her partner Ron Obadia, Nadine offers beauty and natural health products that bring out the strength of the botanicals without reliance on synthetics.
Nadine is also a key speaker at health and wellness conferences and a frequent commentator on health and beauty for media outlets. She’s received glowing reviews for her work in the Hollywood Reporter, Vogue, People, Yoga Journal, Natural Health, W Magazine, The New York Times and National Post.
Celebrity fans include Shailene Woodley, Carrie Anne Moss and Mandy Moore. Alanis Morissette, describes Nadine as “a true sense-visionary. Nadine has the greatest collection of rare and special oils… she has a wondrous knowledge and passion for it all” and Aveda founder, Horst Rechelbacher, calls Nadine “a pure flower of creativity.”
In this episode, Nadine Artemis and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
- The birth of Living Libations
- How to simplify your skincare ritual
- Ingredients you don’t want in your skincare products
- Unusual foods that aggravate acne
- Why “skin types” are skin hypes created to sell more beauty products by Clinique
- The 4 Renegade Beauty Realms and how to approach your skin care according to your ever-changing skin microbiome
- Why your skin needs the sun
- The importance of sun therapy
- The problem with sunscreens
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #10 on how to restore balance to your skin with Sara Sumic.