JTG #23 A Functional & Naturopathic Approach To Healing Skin With Dr. Lynne Racette
In this episode we’re talking about naturopathy to heal acne and other persistent skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis with Dr. Lynne Racette.
Dr. Lynne is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor currently practicing in Ontario. She has a clinical focus and strong background in women’s health, endocrinology, pelvic floor, and holistic skin care. She is passionate about evidence based medicine and helping her patients simplify their health and get the results that they want and need. When she is not seeing patients, you can find her with power tools working on renovating her house and walking her giant Newfoundland dog.
In this episode, Dr. Lynne Racette and Journey To Glow host Caroline Frenette explore:
- Why nutrition is really the first place to look if your skin is in crisis
- A naturopathic approach to healing skin
- Eliminating the top 5 allergens: eggs, soy, gluten, corn, dairy
- If you want to take it one step further try eliminating: sugar, grains, red meats, nightshades
- How much time you need to eliminate a food to figure out if you’re intolerant
- Tests you can do to figure out your food sensitivities
- The simple steps to apply the elimination diet
- Dr. Lynne’s favorite supplements for glowing skin and gut health
- My favorite skin tonic during detox (recipe below)
- How to shop for supplements smartly: what to look for, what you don’t want
- Great tips to select the best supplements brands
If you’ve enjoyed this episode of the Journey To Glow podcast you will love episode #7 with Health & Wellness Coach Bridgit Danner.